Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Blind pigs and acorns: The Whackjob Chronicles.


Commenting on the MASSIVE success of an anti-choice rally in which the entire excitable congregation could have arrived in a stretch Lincoln Navigator, first commenter and raging fetus fetishist "Joanne" has a weirdly good idea:

I certainly hope momentum is on our side, although I am really concerned about Obama winning in the US, and Harper has said he wont open abortion debate, even though he has quite a few pro lifers in his caucus.

I'm grateful to have a Christian Heritage candidate in my riding, so I have a pro life candidate to vote for.

And let me be the first to suggest to Joanne that that is a wickedly brilliant plan -- throwing your protest vote from the Conservatives to the hopelessly unelectable CHP. By God, that's a stroke of genius, since I'm guessing Harper is really counting on the shrieking lunatic vote on election day, and won't he be just pissed when it mysteriously fails to materialize.

So good on you, Joanne, and feel free to recommend that strategy to your friends. Especially the ones who are too dense to understand how elections work in this country.

3 comments:

Southern Quebec said...

YES...Go Christians!!!! Do it for Jesus!!!!

Cranky Hank said...

I live in Ottawa and boy am I sorry I missed the rally! Fortunately, with such a huge turnout my absence, due to having to walk my dog and other similar urgent chores like watching the Sens game from Sweden, didn't detract from the resounding success of the Life Chain. Maybe next year I'll be able to clear my calendar for this not-to-be-missed event.

Rev.Paperboy said...

I sincerely hope that all anti-abortionist like JOHANNE follow their conscience and cast their votes for the proudly anti-abortion Christian Heritage Party all across this great country of ours, and especially in rural Ontario! Show those weakneed Conservative that you can't be taken for granted!