Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Thanks, but my delusional fantasy world works just fine."


Blogging Tory "The Canadian Republic" is apparently amused by the Left's refusal to deal with the factiness:

MacKay has been in fine form of late. The media's going to love that line about the Libs and Dippers being opposed to reality. High quality vitriol.

And after smugly pushing the "Publish this post" button, TCR joined his con buddies down at the Legion where they dissed climate change, howled over the idea that they came from apes, and reassured each other that, if we just dropped a few more bombs on some swarthy people over there and killed a few more of their kids, those ragheads would eventually come around and see things our way. Either that or, if we left, they'd follow us home. One or the other.

2 comments:

Red Tory said...

That's "high quality"? What a putz.

Well, I guess saying that the Libs and NDP are ideologically opposed to reality is all part of the consensus-building effort the Conservatives have undertaken. You know along with calling them collaborators with the Taliban.

I hate this bunch of assholes, I really do.

Fortitudine said...

Oh, how fun. A straw man. Life is so much easier when we decide what our political opponents think for them, isn't it?

This is a fun blog. A fair share of wit and a great deal of opprobrium make for a fun read. If irreverent acrimony is the modus operandi of this blog then I understand that you have an audience to please and that they expect you to rudely dismiss all opposing perspectives. If that is the case, I won't attempt any manner of dialogue with you. If you're at all interested in bi-partisan political discourse, however, I'm more than open to it.

Perhaps you see absolutely no value in the mission in Afghanistan. And perhaps your readership expects you to assume that support for it is patently racist or ethnocentric. But, believe it or not, there are some who genuinely think the long-term safety of our country and the immediate safety of the Afghani people are at stake. If you disagree, tell me why. I certainly don't expect consensus. But perhaps some civility?

I haven't had any direct contact with this site or any of its contributors to date but I hope we are able to continue with a relationship of mutual respect despite our clear and fundamental disagreements. If such a concept is beyond this site's bloggers then I wish you all the best and hope that you eventually realize that demonizing those who fail to fall in line with your views is an odd strategy for winning converts to your principles.

Like you, I have in the past and will again in the future engage in inflammatory rhetoric from a partisan perspective. But know that this is also with an eye towards my audience and is intended to appeal to them while also inviting debate on the issues at hand. If you are interested in my opinions (and, for the record, you may be surprised by quite a few of them) let me know. I'd be more than pleased to outline them for you.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Fortitudine

The Canadian Republic
http://www.thecanadianrepublic.blogspot.com