Sunday, February 24, 2008

Step over that line. OK, well step over that line ... Yeah, well ...


Throwing down the remote control and joystick from "Street Fighter III: Kick some virtual ass," the Blogging Tories' "Neo Conservative" once again launches into a furious online salvo against distant, swarthy people:

Have a little backbone, Mahmoud you big brute... let's see what you've got.

At which point, Neo wandered off in search of a new bag of Cheetos while his commenters were still trying to explain to him the concept of "irony."

POOR NEO ... PUNK'D AGAIN: Like many of the other intellectually-handicapped members of the Retard-o-sphere, Neo swallows whole yet another example of contrived, right-wing outrage and misrepresentation:

RELATED: Liar, liar

OBAMA: You know, I’ve heard from an Army captain who was the head of a rifle platoon — supposed to have 39 men in a rifle platoon. Ended up being sent to Afghanistan with 24 because 15 of those soldiers had been sent to Iraq.

Yeah, sure... that could happen, huh?

Just to be sure though... let's ask an actual soldier...

He is either so full of it or he’s not smart enough to question a bogus story. I was a Captain in the USMC and a combat vet.

First off, Captains are not in charge of “platoons”, Lieutenants are. Captains are in command of a Company. Three platoons make up a company.

Secondly, I have no idea how a unit that size would be “chopped” and redirected to another country while sending another part to a different country. Personnel are not commodities in the way he refers to them.

(h/t ffof)

Yes, Neo, let's ask "an actual soldier" about whether that could theoretically happen. Or, hey, here's a better idea -- let's ask the captain in question:

I called the Obama campaign this morning to chat about this story, and was put in touch with the Army captain in question.

He told me his story, which I found quite credible, though for obvious reasons he asked that I not mention his name or certain identifying information.

Short answer: He backs up Obama's story.

And about that captain versus lieutenant thing? Oh, look:

Prior to deployment the Captain -- then a Lieutenant -- took command of a rifle platoon at Fort Drum.

Well, gollee, Neo, how about that? At the time, the man was a lieutenant, so it all makes sense, doesn't it? Ooooh, that has to be embarrassing. Well, it would be if Neo had any shame.

Or any fucking sense whatsoever.

P.S. Hey, I know -- if someone wants to point out to Neo how he got hoodwinked by other stupid, dishonest people, we can see if he actually wants to participate in "civil discourse" and issue the obvious retraction. Or whether, well, you know ...

Personally, I'm going with the "you know."

HOW CURIOUS
... while Neo is usually quick off the mark to note my linking, he hasn't got around this this last one yet. One wonders why ... perhaps he's trying to think of a subtle way to not address his obvious dumbfuckitude. One could always hope.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah, that'll happen.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Good ole Neo... always good for demonstrating the total ignorance of most of the BT drooling fools.

Red Tory said...

I think Malkin, Ace and a bunch of others got pwnd on this one. Boo-yah!

Red Tory said...

You'll note he's changed the post to remove the "Liar, liar" bit and he also deleted my comment that I made this morning asking when we could expect to see a retraction seeing as Obama's story had turned out to be entirely true. What a gutless weasel.

CC said...

RT:

The "Liar, liar" bit is still up at Neo's place. So I'm confused -- what are you referring to?

Red Tory said...

Okay, my mistake. Wrong thread. His place is such an appalling shitpile and I hate spending any time rummaging through it that I mistook a different post for the one I thought I'd commented on this morning. My bad. So, I found the one in question and Neo linked to Ace of Spades who simply refuses to believe the Captain that Tapper spoke to. He still insists the story is bullshit because of some technical discrepancy pointed out by the vaunted milbloggers. Um, whatever.