Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"Gay and Right" Fred: Take two?


Blogging Tory "Gay and Right" Fred -- like most of his BT colleagues -- clearly believes that research is, like, hard work (emphasis added):

An interview with Patrick Moore

We've blogged this many times before - the ex-founder of Greenpeace is a huge advocate of nuclear power...

Q: When people look at your biography and see you're a Greenpeace co-founder and now a nuclear advocate, they don't believe it. Could you give us a synopsis of your personal history on this issue?

Moore: Well, actually I did feel a little lonely in that corner for a while, but I've been joined by the likes of Stewart Brand, Jared Diamond (author of Guns, Germs, and Steel), and (environmental author) Tim Flannery, and now we form a fairly serious phalanx of pro-nuclear environmentalists. In fact, I'm the honorary chair of the Canadian chapter of Environmentalists for Nuclear Energy, which has 9,000 members worldwide.

As a co-founder of Greenpeace ...


Yes, yes, Fred's terrifically impressed with "Greenpeace co-founder" and "environmentalist" Patrick Moore.

And then there are those of us who actually take the time to, you know, learn things. 'Cuz that's just how we unhinged, deranged moonbats do, well, stuff. You know?

7 comments:

Jay said...

What about Jared Diamond and Tim Flannery? Both of them are highly respected and respectable. It's a sad thing that they are saddled with Moore, but pfft, at least they are trying to address the issues and in ways that will keep the environment healthy. As well, they are willing to discuss and educate without dismissing valid concerns.

E in MD said...

My name is Fred and I am a gay conservative living in Ottawa.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 'gay and right'. Why would you embrace an ideology who supports a goal of depriving you of basic rights?

If you all will forgive the Godwin ( or if you won't, I don't give a damn ). It just smacks of 'Jew and Pro-Nazi' to me.

Red Tory said...

He's a Log Cabin Conservative, apparently.

Whatever. He's still dumb as a sack of hammers.

GroovyJ said...

My understanding was the Greenpeace was founded by Paul Watson, now of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (who was later expelled for being too radical.)

I'm guessing there's no public records which would confirm who actually founded it?

DarthStar said...

My My Fred does have quite the list of articles.

Ti-Guy said...

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around 'gay and right'. Why would you embrace an ideology who supports a goal of depriving you of basic rights?

At one point, I used to think these types just thought "conservative" meant free market, small government and conservative values such as temperance, caution and discipline.

Now, I think they're all just masochists and/or completely humourless.

E in MD said...

At one point, I used to think these types just thought "conservative" meant free market, small government and conservative values such as temperance, caution and discipline.

By Blogger Ti-Guy, at 12:31 PM


I think they call that libertarian these days.