Wednesday, February 06, 2008

BLOGROLL AMNESTY: Better late than never.


[Dated to stay up here for a bit -- newer snark and pics of shit-kicking boots further down.]

[UPPITYDATE: Most of the amnesty requests have been processed -- look to your right and check out the new entries. Then go read some of them. Then fetch CC some more bourbon.]

In honour of the recent "Blogroll Amnesty Day" as PZ explains it, this is your chance to make me feel terminally guilty about my overwhelming laziness in updating my blogroll lately.

So if you think you deserve a spot on the blogroll here at CC HQ, leave a short comment with a link to your blog, 10 good reasons why you're worthy, a small bag of Krispy Kreme donuts, and an explanation in your own words as to why Blogging Tory and anti-feminist SUZANNE is a total twatwaffle.

Dealing with the suggestions and the final blogroll updating might take a day or two but it'll happen eventually. Just be patient.

And, finally, links to pictures of kick-ass, pointy-toed, high-heel boots are not guaranteed to have any effect on the ultimate decision, but you just never know, do you?

P.S. In the interests of full disclosure, I'll admit that I'll probably be culling the blogroll as well, for many of the same reasons that PZ mentions, including lack of regular posting and so on. Quite simply, I'd like the blogroll here at CC HQ to represent other blogs that we wholeheartedly recommend visiting on a regular basis, so we're going to be a bit selective in who makes the grade.

P.P.S. Apparently, I didn't word this as well as I could have. If you're already on the roll, you don't need to reapply, and pretty much the only reason you would get dropped is if your blog has gone dormant or just isn't publishing on even a remotely regular basis.

Or you've turned into a drooling, religious whackjob while we weren't looking. That, too.

16 comments:

Balbulican said...

Hmm. Well, you could put us up there (www.stageleft.info). I can't think of ten good reasons to, and our donut transfer mechanism is a bit problematic at the moment, but we DID get Lulu and her boots into bed with ... whoops, almost gave it away.

Mister DNA said...

I'm too damned cheap to get you any donuts and too damned lazy to think of 10 reasons...

Instead, I propose that we enter into the NADOLMA: The North American Denyse O'Leary Mockery Agreement.

The Church Burnin' Ebola Blog

Balbulican said...

" I'd like the blogroll here at CC HQ to represent other blogs that we wholeheartedly recommend visiting on a regular basis, so we're going to be a bit selective in who makes the grade."

Oh, fuck. Change the rules NOW, why don't you? Okay, take us back off. Sigh.

Dr.Dawg said...

I'll admit that I'll probably be culling the blogroll as well, for many of the same reasons that PZ mentions, including lack of regular posting and so on.

I'm typing as fast as I can!

Mike said...

Now that Olaf isn't posting, I'll drop him off, promise...do I get back in?

Jay said...

www.43rdstateblues.com

Because I like slapping local wingnuts, I enjoy using language that is usually reserved for exchanges on the highway and well, just because I said so damnit.

LuLu said...

but we DID get Lulu and her boots into bed with ...

Balbulican and Stageleft should be added just for the salacious hijacking of my boots (which are mine). In case anyone's intersted, I bought new ones yesterday ...

Red Tory said...

Reason #1: I have your feed on MY blog; Reasons #2-10: See above.

pogge said...

Is it necessary to reapply? Are there instructions somewhere for getting the donuts into the intertubes?

What?

CC said...

dr. dawg: You don't need to worry -- I was talking about blogs that generate no more than a post every, say, one or two weeks. In cases like that, unless the quality is absolutely stellar, there's not much point in putting someone like that on the roll.

mike: Yes, you're forgiven, we'll put you back on.

pogge: I wouldn't worry.

RT: Ditto.

More later. Now go away.

James Bow said...

I'll take a spot if you're offering it. You're always a spot I visit on my Google Reader.

And when the guy who puts together the MT Blogroll program upgrades it for the latest version of Movable Type, I'll be doing a similar cull and renovation.

Balbulican said...

Hey, I was kidding! Put us back!!

skdadl said...

I don't write to Birth Pangs, but I know you love 'em as much as I do, and I have Google/Blogger capacity, so may I nominate them?

Jennifer Smith said...

Runesmith's Canadian Content, because:
1) You were one of the first blogs I ever linked to,
2) I need you more than you need me, and
3) I live five blocks from Garth Turner's constituency office, so once in a while I get personally involved in crazy shit like this.

That is all.

Mr. Erl said...

Ahem...umm...I'd like to apply. Just because...well...you know...I'm not a right-wing stooge anymore. Can't hurt, eh?

Well, my top reasons are:

1) I'm not a fool anymore
2) I'm really, really, really sorry
3) A few more hits would be just the kind of encouragement I need
4) See #2
5) I'm good for a laugh about nearly anything, just to ease the tension after an argument with a totally brianwashed moron about something they are totally wrong about like...Wanda Watkins?

I've only got 5 reasons...well, 4 if you take #4 out. And, if I ever do meet any of you, I'd gladly buy you donuts (Fair-Trade, Organic, Vegitarian Donuts!)

And yes, the BTers are pretty...whats the right word? Ah, yes. EFFING NUTS!!! And I'd know. I was among them for a very long time. Dark, dark times in my past.

http://mrerl.blogspot.com/

If I don't make it, I totally understand, I mean...wow...I was a prick, but I hope you'll look past my assholequeness and see the new me.

(P.S. You guys are way funnier then any BTer!)

Paladiea said...

Now that Olaf isn't posting, I'll drop him off, promise...do I get back in?

I did that awhile back... But I don't post very often anymore, but if mike can be forgiven, maybe I can too?