Monday, January 21, 2008

Tell us how you really feel, SUZANNE.


Awrighty, then ... back here, we have the potential for some delightful, girl-on-girl catfight action, wherein fetus-fetishist Suzie All-Caps wants you to know that, contrary to all of the evidence, she does occasionally talk about something other than fetuses when she's away from her blog.

Technically, that might be true, of course, and that it's only her public persona that's pathologically and perpetually obsessed with the unborn. It's possible, sure, but, really, does anyone actually believe that? Which brings us to the main point of this diatribe.

SUZANNE, sweetie, what exactly is the point of that fetus-oriented, anti-choice blog of yours? Really, how many times do you think we need to hear the same, tedious message from you? We get it already -- you don't like abortion, and you wish people would stop having them, and you'd really, really, really, really like it if abortion was outlawed in Canada. Message received, loud and clear. I mean, we finally twigged on that after the first 50 blog posts of yours, so the next 1,000 of them didn't really add anything to the discussion.

So how many times does SUZANNE think she needs to keep saying the same thing? Really, one gets the impression that SUZANNE wakes up every morning, thinking, "I wonder how I can tell everyone today that I don't approve of abortion." And if this is the sort of thing that keeps SUZANNE going, one can only wonder about the barrenness that is the life of her regular readers, whose occasional get-togethers have to resemble something like this:

"I don't like abortion."
"Well, I don't like it more than you do."
"No way, I really don't like it. In fact, I don't think anyone doesn't like it more than I do."
"Oh, yeah, well, throw down, bitch, let's see what you've got!"

Seriously, after several years of this sort of thing, what exactly is the point of the grinding tedium of relentless, anti-choice blogging in this country? We get it. Really, we totally fucking get it. You hate abortion, and you're all drooling, deranged, Bible-whomping whackjobs. Gotcha. So feel free to take a break. And if you wanted to replace that continuous blogging with a single post summarizing how you feel and just left it up there in perpetuity, I'm betting no one would notice the difference.

Just change the fetus pic every so often, and I'm sure no one will be any the wiser.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd really hate to have been the sperm donor to her...

LuLu said...

"some delightful, girl-on-girl catfight action"

You wish ... men are sooooo predictable.

JJ said...

Nah, no catfight action.

When you engage these people with logic, they just put you on "ignore".

Red Tory said...

It is painfully tiresome, isn’t it? But then, I suppose that’s what gives her life meaning. Rather sad really.

E in MD said...

I'd be curious as to WHY she's so against what other people do with their bodies.

Does she want to adopt all these extra fetuses if they actually make to the point where they survive?

Is it some sort of twisted interpretation of the bible?

Is she just a busy body who likes telling other people what to do with their lives?

Personally I don't like abortion. But I'm 32 different flavors of pro-choice. It's not my place to tell you what to do with your body, or with little blobs of cytoplasm inside your body. I don't care if it has a heartbeat or eyes or if it twitches. It's not a damned person, it is a potential person. It is no more a tree than an acorn is a mighty oak.

I would no sooner tell someone not to abort than I would tell you not to surgically remove a cancerous tumor or an intestinal parasite. Why? Because it's none of my fucking business what goes on in another person's body.

So the question would be why the hell the wingnuts are so fired up on this issue? It's not like they give a shit what happens to a baby after it's born, so why the hell should they care what happens to a clump of cells before it becomes a baby? Is it merely a condition of their Cobra Commander-like desire for world domination or is it something else?

I find that I am curious as to their motivation, not because I give a rats ass what they think but because Vestrum noscite hostem is a smart way to live.

LuLu said...

Vestrum noscite hostem

Heh. Indeed.

Frank Frink said...

That's the nature of the religious right. No matter how tedious or repetitive it all becomes to the rest of us they just go on and on like little 'energizer bunnies'. The idea of knowing when to stop never enters their minds.

KEvron said...

"Just change the fetus pic every so often"

collect them all! trade them with your friends!

KEvron