Friday, July 06, 2007

You say "plagiarism" like it's a bad thing.


Over at Joel Johannesen's "Proud to be Canadian," regular columnist and recovering mousse-a-holic Doug Giles lays down the law with respect to the studs who come sniffing around after his progeny. It's funny stuff -- almost as funny as the unattributed original.

When someone coined the phrase "It beats working for a living," I'm fairly sure they had Doug in mind.

IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
. I knew there was something creepily familiar about that article. Now I remember. Yeesh. I mean, yeesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, are things like that creepy. I mean, I don't think the plagarism is that strong (rules for dating daughters pre-date the 1998 essay), but ugh.

He will be unfriendly, spy on the BF, hate them for lacking direction in life (so his daughters are what, 20?), threaten and or beat them, not allow touching, wants to be bribed, served upon, no differing opinions...basically, he wants his daughter to be dating someone exactly like himself. Creepy. There's caring and then there's possessive; he's way, way over the line. Some things shouldn't be actually written down; it's OK to keep thoughts in just your own head once in a while. I mean, if he actually hit a BF, he has written down now that he fully intended to do so.

mikmik said...

LMAO!
From #4 - I used to be a drug user/dealer until God zapped me. I’ve been in many fights. I’ve shot at felons.

From #6 - I was raised by country-loving, God-fearing, hard-working, meat-eating, good ole’ Texan parents

Hah, brainwashed and terrorized as a child + drug induced brain damage as a young man = Doug Giles