Tuesday, October 24, 2006

From the Department of "Me no likee reality."


I'm not sure how one even begins to comment on this (emphasis added):

Bush Plans to Revive Social Security Proposal With New Congress

President George W. Bush said Republicans can hold their congressional majority by focusing on national security and the economy, and that he will return to overhauling Social Security as a top domestic priority for his last two years in office.

Sure, I can understand that. Given that he couldn't do it with a solid majority in both the House and the Senate, it makes perfect sense that he'd try it again with the GOP imploding all around him. What could possibly be more logical?

2 comments:

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

I Like this (regarding Bush):

He dismissed ``conventional wisdom'' that his low job approval ratings, public concerns about the Iraq war and ethics scandals in Congress will lead to significant gains for Democrats.

I think it's fair to say that it is Bush's practice to dismiss wisdom of every sort.

I'm surprised he doesn't just offer $200 to every American should the Republicans keep their majority in both the House and the Senate. It pains me to say that I think it would work. Hope he's not reading this.

In the shameless self-promotion department, I have a post at my place confirming that it is not actually the Republicans' intent to run on arrogance and stupidity.

Anonymous said...

bush II is an idiot.