Thursday, August 10, 2006

If it's that old, it's not called "news" anymore.


Well, hush my puppies ... I didn't even realize there was a "Political Wingnut of the Week" award, and I'm flattered to have been a small (utterly unintentional) part of it. But if we can extend that award to cover commenters, I'd like to nominate "nomdenet" from that very Daifallah piece, who writes (on Aug 9, keep in mind):

Now the question for Hilary [sic] as a Presidential candidate in 2008 is – who will she support for Senator in Connecticut? The Lamont pacifist, i.e. the McGovern, Carter, Michael Moore wannabe? Or Joe the independent , former Democratic VP contender.

And from back on July 4 (over a month earlier), we have Hillary herself:

"I've known Joe Lieberman for more than thirty years. I have been pleased to support him in his campaign for re-election, and hope that he is our party's nominee. But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary. I believe in the Democratic party; and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters. The challenges before us in 2006 call for a strong, united party, in which we all support and work for the candidates who are selected in the Democratic process."

The Blogging Tories: when being hopelessly uninformed is still good enough.

SLIGHTLY-MIFFED AFTERSNARK. In breaking with tradition, I decided to leave a comment on the Daifallah article above. It's been an hour since I submitted it and it still hasn't shown up, which suggests that Mr. Daifallah has the kind of thoroughly-grating sense of self-importance which demands that he pre-screen all comments to make sure nothing gets in that would offend the delicate sensibilities of he or his readers.

I'm pretty sure that's why they call it a "bubble."

2 comments:

Oxford County Liberals said...

Well, I dont award a "wingnut of the week" every week.. It has to be exceptionally wingnutty in my mind to award it.

I could have awarded it to both Penny and Daifallah dually, but I read Daifallah's piece before I did Penny's. Besides, Penny had 1 thing working against him; he's only a blogger expressing his thoughts; Daifallh is one of those folks who it could be argues is more "mainstream" in that he's written columns for newspapers and been an author of a book.. so he should know better then to promote such wingnutty stuff.

Oxford County Liberals said...

By the way, Adam has written me tonight telling me he was away on business, and just got back this evening... which was the reason no posts have been showing up, not because he's a censor.. so we'll have to see if comments start appearing all of a sudden from him and see if thats the case.