Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Emergency David Horowitz update!!


Man, this story just gets better and better. DISCLAIMER: I haven't even read everything at that link yet, but I figured I'd share it first.

UPDATE: Oh, yeah. It's good. Particularly this part:

Because while a Northern Colorado spokeswoman acknowledged Monday that a complaint had been filed, she also said that the test question was not the one described by Horowitz, the grade was not an F, and there were clearly non-political reasons for whatever grade was given. And the professor who has been held up as an example of out-of-control liberal academics? In an interview last night, he said that he's a registered Republican.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I think I just wet myself.

FURTHER, head-shaking, "How fucking stupid can a human being possibly be?" update
: If you have the time, you absolutely have to read the comments section for that article to really, truly appreciate the spectacular wingnuttery of some folks.

In the original article, Scott Jaschik writes:

Because while a Northern Colorado spokeswoman acknowledged Monday that a complaint had been filed, she also said that the test question was not the one described by Horowitz, the grade was not an F, and there were clearly non-political reasons for whatever grade was given.

to which commenter "San Antonio Slim" responds (and I swear to God, I am not making this up):

Sorry, David Horowitz is CORRECT.

His claim, as stated above is this: ". . .As Horowitz has told the story many times, the student was asked on a test to "explain why George Bush is a war criminal," and when she submitted an essay on why Saddam Hussein was a war criminal, she received an F."

ALL OF THOSE STATEMENTS ARE STILL TRUE. They have not been refuted. The professor's party registration--which of course no one has checked--is a red herring. The length of the student's paper is a another red herring--the length of the paper wasn't an issue until Horowitz began to be smeared.

Once again: Horowitz' three allegations (above) have not been disproven, and his critics aren't even close to doing so.

Do you think you could have an intelligent conversation with this person?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd address your point if I had any idea what it is.

CC said...

I actually plan on addressing the bulk of your comment in an upcoming article but I feel like slapping someone around at the moment, at least briefly, and you'll do nicely.

> SAF is not about liberals or conservatives, its about anyone who tries to bully students with their views. You would understand if you read the article I put a link to in a different thread, but you've disqualfied it by association so thats too bad.

So, let me get this straight -- it's a bad thing to prejudge and prematurely dismiss a point of view based on one's preconceived notions?

And this coming from someone who commented here:

> You should know that MMFA isn't the most trustworthy site, in my experience.

Please tell me you appreciate the irony.

CC said...

No, no ... just to you.